Thursday, March 19, 2009

Starting Now

I've recently challenged my group of Weight Watchers members to a Spring Arm Challenge. If you are reading this blog, you are welcome to join in as well.


The idea of this challenge got me thinking about the many times we wish to accomplish something but put off making the effort due to one or more of a variety of reasons. The one that I hear about the most, is one that even I have been guilty of using. It is the one that says; "I'm not good enough". What?! How can any one of us know whether we good enough at something if we've never even taken the first step?


If we're honest with ourselves, we will often conclude that what we consider to be reasons for not taking the plunge, are actually excuses in disguise. You don't have to be good to start something, but you have to start if you hope to ever become good at whatever that activity is.


Its not enough to simply decide to do it, we must start the process. We must do something tangible and measurable. We have to put action behind our decisions.


My challenge to you this week is to start on that project, goal or aspiration that you have been putting off for weeks, months or even years.. It doesn't have to be a huge step but a step that puts you that much closer to reaching your dream.

No comments: