Thursday, September 27, 2007

I have an Addiction

I’ve talked about being a “scale-aholic” before but I’ve never really come out and confessed about how much of an addiction it is with me. I have a love/hate relationship with that scale too and I’m sure many of you can relate. The scale can make or break my day or night. Yes, I said day or night because I have been known to weigh myself at night. Crazy I know, but done nonetheless.

I went to Phat Camp this last week. It was at my personal trainer’s house in TN. I weighed myself on Thursday morning and the number was, well, acceptable. I knew I would be working out hard and eating extremely well during the next four days so I didn’t worry much. I came home on Sunday and Monday morning hopped up on that “bad boy” and yippee, down about three pounds. Oh, how I love my scale.

Tuesday morning, hop up; Say What, I said, the number has gone up. Not by much but up and I’m not happy. Tuesday night, up even more, Wednesday morning, up again. I’m now really ticked because I’m still working out hard and eating very well so how can this be. I emailed my PT and she said it probably was just the shock of traveling and training that led to the scale decline. She has encouraged me to stop weighing once a day and certainly doesn’t like me doing it twice. I need to just weigh myself once a week.

I need learn to go by how my clothes feel and how I feel about my body. I can’t let a number on a 12”x12” pad dictate how I feel about myself. My goal for the month of October will be to just step on the scale once a week and forget about the rest of the time. I was able to not get on it this morning and I’ll work diligently to not step on until Monday morning. Stay tuned for the results.

No comments: