Monday, October 1, 2007

Accomplishment number 1

Well, as I promised, I didn't step on that scale until this morning. I'm happy to report that I've stayed the same. I guess it proves to me that if I'm eating right and exercising then the scale doesn't need to confirm to me that I've done exactly that.
I took my measurements for the month of September and I was down 1.25. I know it doesn't seem like much but when you have less to lose then the inches come off slower as well as the weight.
I also needed to buy new clothes so Friday I went to do some shopping and was quite pleased that I fit into a size six pair of jeans. It is amamzing that at 155 I can slip on a size 6. The more I do this the easier it is to release the scale and just count on how I'm feeling. I'm feeling strong, fit and empowered.
Yesterday I ran 8 miles in preparation for my half marathon in Vegas on December 2. If that doesn't make me feel strong and fit I'm not sure what will. I finished it in 1 hour and 32 minutes. Not too shabby for a person who just started running in June.
My goal this week will again be to not step on that scale until Monday morning. I'm playing around a bit with my calories to see if I can drop a few more pounds and I don't want to discourage myself when it isn't needed.
If you are chained to your scale and believe that it makes or breaks you try giving it up for a week and see what happens. You may be surprised.

1 comment:

GingersFit said...

I love how those jean sizes can be such an encouraging number when the scale isn't. I'm down from a size 18 to a size 12 in 16 weeks of WW's. Not too shabby!

WTG in facing your challenges and pushing through!