Monday, July 28, 2008

Props to the girls


This week I had the honor of running with Karen, Deb and Michelle. They are three WW members in my Monday night meeting. During the spring I gave an open invitation to my members to come and walk or run with me on Saturday morning.


We started the Couch to 5K program. It's an awesome program for anyone that wants to learn to be a runner. One year ago I started the same program. http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

It was just amazing to watch these ladies transform over nine weeks. I'll never forget the first impressions I had of them. One I thought for sure was doing it just to drag her friend along. What a great friend she was to support her friend in this weight loss adventure. The friend, I thought would never come back after week one. The lady who I think of the most though was so concerned on week three when she would have to run three minutes. She actually told me that she wished I would NOT have given her the schedule.


Now, nine weeks later these ladies are wanting instructions on how to train for a 10k race coming up in September and I think next year I'll have them on the 1/2 marathon wagon with me.


What this shows me is that little things we do in our lives can have enormous impact on those around us.


So this week my hat is off to Karen, Deb and Michelle. I'm so proud of you three. Keep it up and never look back!

2 comments:

E said...

Congrats to all!

April said...

You Rock. Way to go ladies.