Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Excuses

Today I started to think about all the things that could cause us to not finalize our goal. It really is amazing the excuses that we can use.

1. I'm too tired
2. Not enough time
3. Too old
4. Not fit enough

The list really can go on and on. In fact, as a little lesson, why don't you write down your top three and then set them aside for later.

Mine are or could tend to be:

1. I'm too tired
2. Not enough time
3. This process is taking way too long

In looking at these excuses I have a choice to find a work around or just give up. You have that choice too. Any one of us to find some reason to not spend a good hour of time sweating our tushies off at the gym and then packing every single piece of food that enters our bodies. After all it is work and takes some planning.

"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them." George Bernard Shaw

If we look at this quote we can easily see that we have to create the time to go to the gym or get our physical time in we can't let our lives be happenstance. We will never achieve our goals if we are using excuses for not getting there.

So, take your three reasons that you listed at the top and now, tell me what circumstance YOU will make so your circumstance is one that you want.

1 comment:

GingersFit said...

What a great thought... I found your site through your WW posting and I LOVE what you've said here. How many times does someone write on the boards "help, I have this obstacle or this excuse or this reason I can't work out..." We all have challenges and obstacles and barriers in the way and the successful people are the ones who learn to think creatively, push past, go around, climb over or dig under those obstacles.

Sounds like you've done just that! :)