Thursday, July 19, 2007

A little update

I have not written for about a week and to be honest I’ve been struggling. I’m sure most people don’t know and I’m not ashamed to say that I’ve been a bit discouraged. Last week at my WW meeting I actually gained 1.6 lbs. Now, I will tell you that no one gets fat from eating right and exercising, both of which I do consistently. My average calories are anywhere from 1500- 1700 per day and a normal workout session burns between 500-700 calories. Thank goodness for heart rate monitors, if you don’t have one, get one.

Anyways, during the last week I have been struggling with what to do, the thoughts of giving up have been daily and strong but I know that something is happening within my body and as I talked about before, the number on the scale is just such a small piece of the puzzle or part of the picture. However, I’m a self confessing scale-aholic and no matter what I know logically, emotionally that number does matter.

So, with this hump to overcome, I’ve searched for a few quotes on discouragement and found a couple that I felt was appropriate for me to remember and perhaps you as well.

Failure is an EVENT, never a person. (William D. Brown)

This is big for me, because I’m quick to say I’m a failure at this; forgetting that at this point I’ve lost almost 30 lbs and over 32 inches.

"Every great work, every great accomplishment, has been brought into manifestation through holding to the vision, and often just before the big achievement comes apparent failure and discouragement." (Florence Scovel Shinn)

I think this is a wonderful. It reminds me that I do have a vision and that I need to hold firm to it that this small blip could really be the sign of a great thing to come.

So with this off my chest now, I’m on to bigger and better things. I’ll be checking in later to let you know how things have went.

Until then, eat well and exercise hard. Enjoy your life and this journey you are on.

No comments: