Sunday, July 8, 2007

You can't change the past

It is funny how most people reminisce about the past, beat themselves up for the past. Hold grudges on people from past occurrences. I long for things I should have done, could have done, never did and funnier yet things that never even happened. Why can't I accept the here and now be proud of where I am and look at the future?

We can look at this phenomenon two ways. The past can definitely motivate you. You can also be optimistic about it and take the lessons learned from it an move on.

As I looked for two quotes regarding the future, I found two that seemed to almost fit together. Edmund Burke wrote " You can never plan your future by the past" and Alan Kay says "The best way to predict the future is to invent it"

It is so motivating to know that things that I've done in the past that have kept me from reaching my fitness goals can just be written off. I can choose to not live this way and further and that my future is completely in my own hands. I can invent it, as Kay states. I can reinvent habits and invent a new body and lifestyle.

Are you looking forward or living in the past?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Weight Watchers is pure genius they devised a system that constantly keeps people buying the products they sell.
The Fit - Day mobile app, is a great app for keeping track of your food intake on
the go. First, you need to be able to access the internet on a regular basis.


Here is my web site - customized fat loss review