Friday, June 15, 2007

Alice In Wonderland

Another great story that we can learn so many lessons from. The author of Alice In Wonderland, Lewis Carroll, wrote:

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there"

How true is this statement. So many times we just aimlessly wander through life without any final destination in site and then wonder how come we never got anywhere?

My fitness goals have been that way over the last month, just doing the workouts, eating the right things but not really sure what road I'm on or should be or even want to be. At first this really wasn't such a bad thing but as I began to think about it, the lack of the goal was also keeping me from really working out to the best of my abilities.

So, I've decided to start a new running program. In the next 6-8 weeks I will learn to run a 5K. Perhaps, even enter a race. My goal isn't really to win the race, just enter it, start and complete it.

Put a goal in front of yourself to keep yourself motivated. Perhaps it is just to walk a particular distance, walk/run for a cause or like me just to say that I can do it. How exciting to have something to work towards and at the end know that it is one more thing that if I set my mind to can become reality.

Dream big!

No comments: