Friday, June 1, 2007

Eleanor Roosevelt

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Wow, another powerful and strong statement from a woman. We certainly are smart aren’t we? Especially when we look at our challenges in the way that Mrs. Roosevelt did.

If we look at something that has happened to us in our life that we consider a “horror” and then compare it to our transition to a healthy lifestyle that we are working towards why oh why wouldn’t we think that we could embark upon this endeavor? We are strong and powerful when we believe in our selves and realize and recognize all of the difficulties we have conquered.

So, with this written down, I’m now challenging myself to do something that I have never done before. My challenge will be to purchase a piece of clothing that I would normally not wear and have a picture taken with me wearing it. After all, I lived through one teenager, how hard should this be?

No comments: