Thursday, August 16, 2007

Leadership

One of my fears with this Weight Watcher Leadership journey is fear. I’m afraid that the people in the current meeting won’t like me as well as the prior leader. You know change is hard for people and something as simple as a change in leadership can bring the largest and most functioning company to its knees; all because the leadership changed. The leader may even be better than before but because he/she is different or completes tasks in a different fashion others are resistant.

I found a good quote from John C Maxwell.

“A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way and shows the way”

I need to remember that if I can show the members that I know, understand and feel what they do and know the best way for them to get to their ultimate results that they will be quick to embrace me. I’m sure after a few months with the group I will share this blog with them so that they can understand where I came from and the continuing transformation that I’m making even though the weight loss goal has been met.

No comments: