Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Whatz Up!

I'm sure you are wondering... thinking she has lost some weight, gained some muscle, ran a race, what else could she possibly want to do next.

Well, I'm pleased to say that the next portion of my journey will be to work with Weight Watchers. I have loved this program for many years and the things that it can offer women and men of all ages, shapes and sizes.

I'm hoping to eventually have my own meetings. I'm so excited to be able to be part of the program and perhaps even change some of it too. I believe they are great at teaching people portion control and how to best work foods, any and all into their daily lives. However, I believe that a huge portion of eating clean, nutritional dense food, along with more emphasis on the exercise portion could and should be included. So, after I get acclimated to the WW way of doing business I'll be trying to incorporate some of my own tips from the exercise area into my meetings.

I will be sharing with the members my progress pictures and blogs too as I believe that I will have lots of inspiration from members as I move forward in this area.

Hope to see you at a meeting in Indiana some day.

1 comment:

GingersFit said...

Kathleen, I hope that your plans for becoming a leader end up as successful as your weight loss. That's one of my goals, too ... to make it to be a leader. I get a thrill out of teaching others (when I get the opportunity) and what could I be more passionate about that winning my life back!

I agree 100%, too, WW needs to put much more emphasis on the exercise portion and really give people information about what level to start at, how to start and what to do (cardio + weights).

I'll keep watching for more success!