Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Cake and eat it too!

We have all heard the saying of “You can’t have it all”. However, I’m here to challenge that thought.

Proper planning and execution of that plan will give us the outcome that we desire. I know that if I plan my food and exercise routines that I will be successful in my endeavors. I know that I should have a safe meal that I can count on when prior poor planning comes into play. I don’t know about you, but I can tell you there are times when grocery shopping is not at the top of my “to do” list and I may not take the time to figure out a menu for the week. I do though always keep a supply of frozen chicken breast, rice and some type of vegi in the house, so if all else fails, guess what’s for dinner.

I get a workout schedule from my PT and each of the exercise routines is laid out along with an exercise directory that gives me the proper technique to complete the exercise. The cardio routine is written in such a manner that the speed, incline and duration are all there. All I have to do is “go with the flow”.

I know that by completing these steps on a consistent basis, consistency and time being the key that my outcome will be positive and I will fulfill my goal. So, in closing you can have it all, just not all at one time!

No comments: