Friday, May 11, 2007

Champions are NOT made in gyms!

SAY WHAT?! I'm sure many of you are saying; I thought this woman was a gym rat or at a minimum working out and eating healthy?

Well before you delete me from your favorites list, I ran across the following quote by Muhammad Ali and I'm sure many will attest to him being one of the all time best athletes as well as motivational individuals.

"Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."

I think this can really sum up this journey that I'm on. I can go to the gym, go through the motions but that will not, in and of itself, do it. I have to have desire to change my eating habits and be healthier, a dream of pushing my body past anything that I may have thought possible and a vision of how to put all these new found skills into practice.

I think the last sentence of this quote is the most important part. We can all learn these skills. In fact, most of us know them and we have been doing them or trying to do them for years or off and on for years. However, the skills mean nothing if we do not have the will, determination and strength of character to put them into place and follow them.

2 comments:

IGNITE said...

Loved the quote by Muhammad Ali.. i do believe in will power! will borrow these lines for my blog as well :-) hope you fine with it!

Becca said...

I love this comment. I had to put it on my page as well!!! I hope you dont mind!