Monday, May 14, 2007

I found a new drug

Don’t get all worried, I’m certainly not advocating taking drugs for your weight loss. We know that they don’t work and are just a waste of money. However, I do think that I have found a drug of sorts that my body has started to make.

I really don’t know what it is called but I’ll explain what happened. At work today, I was feeling very anxious and antsy. I just couldn’t sit still. It was the old “ants in my pants” thing. I started looking back on what could have caused this. Certainly not drugs and no caffeine, at that point it dawned on me that my weekend had not been as heavy on the exercising part as it has been during the past weekends.

Saturday was busy just getting my house in order after having been gone last week along with grocery shopping. I did manage to get 30 minutes done on my Nordic Trak but normally I’m pushing an hour plus of exercise daily and it is tough exercise. Sunday was beautiful in NE Indiana so I spent about four or five hours riding my two horses and playing with the yearling that we have. So no real physical activity in that either comparatively.

I’m sure that by this afternoon, my body was crying out and craving its daily workout. It just goes to show that we really are meant to move and move deliberately. I think my body is now completely addicted to exercise. This is my new drug. It is one that most of us cannot overdose on and we can have it daily. In fact, you should have it daily. Yes, it will be habit forming but certainly one that will be excellent. So in the words of Huey Lewis and the News; “I want a new drug”; I found mine and love it.

No comments: