Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Little Engine that Could

No movie parodies today but how about a childhood favorite book!
We all know that the little railroad engine was only supposed to move cars around the station yard right? But, the little girls and boys on the otherside of the mountain were expecting a load of toys and good food for them to eat. None of the bigger and stronger engines would even attempt the mountain as it was too hard and too steep to climb. But, the little engine decided that the people on the otherside of the mountain needed the items and that he would help get them there. Of course, all of the bigger engines laughed knowing that even THEY couldn't complete that feat!
"I think I can," puffed the little locomotive, and put itself in front of the great heavy load. As it went on, the little engine kept bravely puffing faster and faster, "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can."
Then as it neared the top of the grade, that had so discouraged the larger engines, it went more slowly, but still kept saying, "I--think--I--can, I--think--I--can." It reached the top by brave effort and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself, "I thought I could, I thought I could."
Our journey through life is alot like this story. So many people or obstacles get in our way and say to us that they couldn't complete the task so certainly we cannot as well. They are almost upset when we decide to take on the challenge of something new and will do anything to make sure that we don't suceed.
Did you notice that as the engine neared the peak that he could not go faster but he had to go slower and bear down in order to obtain the pinnacle and kept telling himself "I think I can".
We have to do the same thing; believe in ourselves and as the struggle gets more difficult and intense, fearlessly and confidently embrace it so we can blossom and conquer.
"I KNOW I CAN" What about you?

1 comment:

Nichole said...

I KNOW I CAN TOO, GIRL!! YOU ARE AWESOME, JUST AWESOME!

NICHOLE