Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Monsters Inc.

Okay, Okay, you are wondering, what are earth now is this woman thinking. Yesterday she was on a "What about Bob" kick and today a children's flick, Monsters, Inc?
Just bear with me a few and I think we will find a correlation or at least in my strange head, I will ;)

In the movie Monsters, Inc. two monsters believe that a small child is toxic to them and struggle to avoid any such contact. However, fate has brought them together and after time realize that she is of no danger to them and they actually come to love and protect the small child.

Change in our life, especially when it pertains to good eating and an exercise plan can seem toxic. It is scary, it is different, it may be something we have never seen, tried, tasted or even attempted to do. However, if we "baby step" our way closer to the change we begin to embrace the change and see the benefits it bring us. We learn that the change wasn't so bad after all and that maybe, just maybe it is good and that we should love and protect it.

Embrace your change, it may not be a Monster after all.

4 comments:

Bev said...

Wow! What a great way to look at weight loss! I love it! Do you mind if I share this post on my blog about PCOS? Just let me know!

Bev

Kathleen said...

Bev,
I'm so happy you enjoyed the thought. Feel free to share away. I love the fact that anyone is even reading it.
Kathleen

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.

Kathleen said...

Corentine,
Glad that you enjoyed the post. Its amazing what we can learn during our changing process. Hope you are embracing yours.
Kathleen