Thursday, April 12, 2007

Temptations are everywhere

Yesterday I had to go to the grocery store to pickup some fresh product. While perusing the store I came across the dreaded "sale Easter candy". I will admit that I looked at the candy, picked up the candy and actually "fondled" the bag. It felt so good, it looked good and I'm sure would have tasted good. But, I put it down. Then I ran across those darn candy bars that call to me as I choose my checkout line. (I think they have less cashiers in the store just so I will buy more waiting in line) I actually picked up this candy bar and carried it for a couple of isles. However, I was also looking for a healthy magazine to read and started thinking that the cashier would certainly notice the candy and the health magazine and call the police, knowing that the two should not be purchased together. So I quickly ditched the candy bar, grabbed three packs of Extra sugar free gum, promptly opened one and stuffed the gum in my mouth.
I guess what I'm getting at is that we have temptations around us everywhere we go and that if I'm going to continue this journey and be sucessful I need to learn how I will combat them. I don't have any suggestions right now but I guess in this case I'm thankful for the cashier.
Happy healthy eating!

No comments: