Monday, April 30, 2007

What about me?

I thought of this the other day when I was ready to toss away my workout for something that my son wanted to do. His could have been done later but I'm always so quick to put myself last and everyone else first. This message again, hit home when another Phattie (my little Nikki) said she didn't want to disappoint everyone else.
Between these two events I've come to realize that we are very prone, especially women, to be the givers, nuturers and caretakers of everyone and everything. Most of would be up at 2am baking cupcakes for "Little Johnny" or sewing "Precious Susie's" costume for the party and not even think twice. But take an hour of time to take care of ourselves first. I don't think so, Tim.
Now, I'm not saying to be selfish, well maybe just a little. Take time for yourself, love yourself the same way that you would your family members. What I'm doing for myself will inturn make me a better mother, wife and friend.
This post is written specifically to myself as it really hits home. If you know me, you know that I seldom put myself first and would run to the edge of the world for anyone else. I'm proud that during the last three months I have dedicated myself to have a minimum of 1 hour a day to me and for me.
And in the words of Toby Keith "What about me?"

No comments: