Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Stuck in a rut?

Sorry folks but I can't come up with a movie to go with this title. I guess I'm not too creative tonight.
Have you ever been stuck in a rut? no really, with your car or truck, bike anything? Think about it, the tires of your vehicle are in this ditch impression, it is'nt really THAT deep but deep enough that if you just put on the gas, your tires spin and spin and you go no where. But, if you slowly put the gas on and get a little rocking back and forth motion going you can get out of the rut and back on top.
I've been in a rut for the last couple of days or week. I've been working out harder and harder, watching my eating and yet my brain was just not on board. I was feeling like I couldn't continue this journey and basically having a "pity party". Today I talked with my PT and she said just to stop doing cardio after my weight session for the remainder of the week and we would go from there.
It was amazing after she said that a huge burden was lifted from my shoulders and I felt as if everything would be okay.
I had my leg day today and knew that I didn't have to do the cardio routine but I thought I'll just try it and if it doesn't work, I'll stop. You know, I finished that workout and felt great!
If you get in a rut, look for something or someone that helps you slowing move yourself out of it and get back on top. This is where your support network will come into place. But if you ever need someone and don't feel you have a person, drop me a line.
Are you in a rut?

No comments: